"In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep to know our heritage - to know who we are and where we came from. Without this enriching knowledge there is a hollow yearning. No matter what our attainments in life, there is still a vacuum, an emptiness, and the most disquieting loneliness".



ALEX HALEY, ROOTS



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where do you think they are?

Well, as I have stated before, I inherited most the pictures on my Fathers side long after my Grandmother Clara passed. So I've had to piece together some of the names and places.


Here are a few that I find especially intriguing. 





These seem to be taken on a family trip, possibly the 1920's. When I found the pictures they were all together and all were large pictures (6" X 10").
The first one above, seems to be the hotel. I have no idea where it could be, but think it may be Colorado.  If anyone recognizes anything, I'd love to know. I am basing this on Jesse Walker Crosley and his wife Elizabeth Wire Atkinson moving to Colorado in the early part of the 20th Century.
 Picture two is a group of people. I believe they are: Cora Belle Crosley, Unknown Man (he appears to be with Cora, so I think he may be a husband. I'm not sure which, since I don't know the year). Unknown Woman, Harriet Crosley Baumgartner, Unknown Woman, And I think the Man holding the child is My Grandfather Reuben Thompson Crosley III. 
Bottom row left to right: Ruth Crosley Bennett, Mabel Crosley Baumgartner, Elizabeth Atkinson Crosley
and Cora Belle Crosley. Back row left to right: Reuben Thompson Crosley III, Jesse Walker Crosley and Unknown man. 

The woman in the car looks like Cora Belle Crosley, I'm not sure who the men are.

The same happy group, left to right:
Unknown man Cora Belle Crosley, Unknown woman, Unknown woman, Unknown man with child, and I think Harriet Crosley

I'd love to learn more about these pictures, so any help would be appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment