"In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep to know our heritage - to know who we are and where we came from. Without this enriching knowledge there is a hollow yearning. No matter what our attainments in life, there is still a vacuum, an emptiness, and the most disquieting loneliness".



ALEX HALEY, ROOTS



Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dad's Family Tree

I thought today I would post the family tree. Its easier to understand who someone is, if you know where they fit into the family tree. 
So today I'm posting five generations of Dad's Family Tree. 


This is only my Father's side, but it gives some insight as to who I am referring to. 
While I am not 100% certain the information is accurate I am confident enough to post it. If anyone has information that contradicts it, I would be more than interested in seeing it. 

One thing that I have noticed. On quite a few Ancestry.com  family trees, George Heath's Father is listed as Uriah Heath, I am sure that information is wrong. I have George Heath & Harriet Sutton's marriage license, and he says his Father's name is John, and that he lives in Shabbona Il. 

Something I have learned from doing my own Genealogy, is really what a small world we live in. I have seen crazy coincidences lately, that are keeping me up late trying to figure out. More to come on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment